Saturday, May 17, 2014

Yunbike is best bike, or a tale of two bicycles

In my crusade to make my life better and more exciting, I rented a bicycle. This was a GREAT idea. I rented it for one month from a bike shop in my neighborhood. Little did I know, this bike shop was magical.

So the boss rented me this great bike. They tuned it up all nice for me and gave me a helmet and a bike lock. It was pretty red and white, slightly flashy, definitely new-ish and rust-less, as opposed to ancient like most of the bikes people ride around here.

So I had this bike for a grand total of FOUR DAYS. I thought that bringing the bike up into my apartment building to the sixth floor and locking it to the fence would be plenty fine theft prevention. After all, its a pretty schmancy place, and I didn't think that anyone would take it. But lo and behold, I come out of my place on Thursday morning, to an empty fence with a cut lock on it. Who would do this!!

So I'm pretty bummed out, and I don't know what the heck I'm gonna tell the bike boss. I'm like turning this over in my mind, thinking of ways to turn the story to make it seem like its not my fault, thinking of how to argue my way out of paying for the bike, etc.

I head over to the shop the next day, fully prepared to have a chinese yelling match about not paying. I get there, sort of nervous, you know, and just lay it on him. "You're bike got stolen." -------

And the the boss just kind of looks at me, slightly bummed out, and basically just says, "oh, well."

And then, he invites me to go biking with them on Saturday. And I'm thinking, well you know, I don't have a bike anymore, so... And he says just says to go ahead and take the other rental bike. What!! This guy is the best ever!

So on top of having gone on the most epic bike trip that I have probably ever been on today, I also have a bike to ride for the next month! Totally excellent.

If anyone is coming to Kunming and looking to get hooked up with a bike and an awesome biking group, go to --->Yunbike<--- they are totally the bomb. Also if you are coming to Kunming and thinking about biking, it might be worth it to schlep along those U-locks you've got, apparently bike theft here is awful, ahem.

1 comment:

  1. 123hp/setup dj2600 suggests that it's not as good in some capabilities that can be incorporated by the other HP model printers. However regardless of the capacities it comes built with; its execution is the main thing it has. It's designed with an oversized 2 inch monochrome screen and has buttons to guide you through the process.

    Norton com login provides robust security that is updated and modern against the newest online warnings. The program comes with a variety of security situations based on the type of device used and user requirements.

    We offer a variety of body parts for certain car models. Take a look at the wide selection of used transfer case for sale and pick. There are body parts and the main components like window parts, door components both exterior and interior, and other items. Other options like levers, mirrors and panel panels to your car are also readily available.

    When you first contact delta airline reservations you must make sure you pick the best option from them in relation to the quality and affordability of the flights. Delta is also certain that your personal information is kept safe and secure.

    ReplyDelete